- A: I know I betrayed you. I am sorry. Please forgive me.
B: I am not big enough to forgive you. We need a timeout.
- We must be merciful and forgiving when we are dealing with people.
- It's very big or gracious of you to help someone who has hurt you before.
- I don't believe you are big-hearted enough to attend your ex-wife's wedding.
- A: Want to go to lunch with me?
B: I thought we were still fighting.
A: No way. I forgot it already.
B: Wow you really have a big heart.
- A: My wife and I are fighting.
B: C'mon be the bigger person here. Just forgive her!
- magnanimous towards defeated enemies
- You must treat the misbehaving child with forbearance.
- One must learn to forgive and forget.
 Big; gracious big-hearted; have a big heart magnanimous generous in forgiving people forbearance forgive merciful and forgiving
就是形容一個人不記仇, 不耍小心眼. 最常用. 較正式, 通常用在對某些人的寬宏大量的態度. 是白話的說法.I am not big enough to forgive you. = 我沒有度量大到能原諒你「表現寬恕」可說 We must be merciful and forgiving.
- 甲: 要不要一起去吃中飯?
乙: 哇賽, 你的度量真大.
還有問題？請發問請參考 Native Camp 線上英語會話
整齊的英文怎麼說? (二選一)下一題 - 外行人 f我要發問
Student protesters against the Cross-Strait Service Trade Ageement have occupied Taiwan's legislature and are staging a sit-in.下一題 - 逃脫高手 f我要發問