- I know I've made many personal jokes and some of them might have gone too far, but you gotta know I absolutely mean well.
- I know you are on a diet, but don't overdo it.
- You wrote this complicated program to do this simple task? That's overkill!
- If you take someone out on a date for the first time, you don't want to go overboard.
- I went overboard in decorating my room.
- Don't go overboard with baked foods.
- A: Should we buy these ten-dollar holiday cards for our friends?
B: I think that would be too much; let's just get these two-dollar cards.
- The comedian is funny, but sometimes he goes over the top and I don't find him funny at all.
- You shouldn't go too far when it comes to religion.
- If you take your religious piety too far, it may hurt your relations with friends and family.
- A: A friend of mine used to have his cell phone provider charge his phone for him for free. He really wanted to save money.
B: Wow. That's a bit overboard don't you think?
- He thinks he's funny, but sometimes his jokes go too far.
- A: What should I wear for my first date? How about this suit?
B: You want to look formal but you don't want to overdo it. Lose that bowtie.
 overdo overkill go overboard too much go over the top go too far; take something too far go to extremes; take something to the extreme something is overboard
很多時候沒有像過分一樣負面的意思, 大多時候指做一件事情太誇張, 請參考例句.overdo 很好用，例如某人第一次約會想穿很正式的西裝，你就可以勸他別正式過頭。go too far 可說是最好用的英文之一，例句所說的 some of them might have gone too far 表示我說的笑話中有一些太過火、太超過，容易傷到人之類的。That's a bit overboard = 那樣子做就有點太過份/過頭了千萬別說「你太 over 了」或「You are too over」。
- 我知道你正在節食, 不過你最好不要太過火.
- 就為了這個小case寫了這麼複雜的程式? 太過頭了吧.
- 第一次跟女生約會, 不要太誇張.
- 甲: 我們應該為朋友買這些十塊錢的聖誕卡嗎?
乙: 我覺得太過頭了, 我們就買這些兩塊錢的卡片吧.
- 這個喜劇演員很好笑,可是有時候動作太誇張, 讓我覺得一點都不好笑了.
- 如果你對宗教太狂熱, 很容易打壞你跟朋友和家人的關係.
還有問題？請發問請參考 Engoo 線上英文
羨慕嗎的英文怎麼說? (二選一)下一題 - 務實 f我要發問
Many people in third world countries are living in unsantary conditions.下一題 - 留職停薪 f我要發問