- What did you do during your leave of absence?
- Could I take next Friday off?
- I'm not feeling well, so I'm taking the day off work. I'm sorry.
- She needs to take a leave of absence to care for her ailing mother.
- I need to take tomorrow off to take care of my sick dad.
- I need to request some time off tomorrow to go get my medication.
- A: Where is Jason?
B: He's on a month-long leave to finish his dissertation.
- A: Where is Andy?
B: He's not in the office today. May I help you?
 take some day off take the day off work take a leave of absence take some time off request some time off on leave be not in some place on PTO (noun) leave of absence
「請假」的簡單的說法就是 take the day off，任何原因都可以用此句。take today off 也行，但反而少用的多。也就是說，the day 比 today 常用的多。另一個簡單的說法就是 on leave，又簡單又好用，例如 He was on leave yesterday.Could I take next Friday off? = 我可以下週五請假嗎?他今天請病假 = He called in sick today. 或 He took a sick day today. 他今天休事假 = He took the day off. 或 He took today off. 或 He took a day off today. 或 He is on PTO today. 或 He is on leave today.名詞就用 leave of absence，例如:What did you do during your leave of absence? = 你休假(或請假)時做了什麼?PTO = paid time leave, 指一個員工的特休假，PTO 在美國很常用「休假」有時候可白話翻譯，例如假設有人打來問某人在不在，但此人請假不在辦公室，你就可說 He's not in the office. 或 He is out of the office today.
還有問題？請發問請參考 eTalking 線上英語學習
初衷的英文怎麼說? (二選一)下一題 - 高潮迭起 f我要發問
Ho do you like your steak cooked?下一題 - 顧名思義 f我要發問