- What does it mean when a guy never texts first but keeps the conversation going when I text him? What does it mean when a man never initiates a text but always responds to all your messages?
- He always drives himself to do as much as he can at work. Everyone loves working with him.
- My secretary always takes care of everything while I am away. I'll promote her to VP next month.
- The murderer voluntarily turned himself in to the police.
- A: Dad, why did you kick mom out of the house?
B: Son, it was your mom's decision to leave. I did not kick her out.
- My daughter agreed to have lunch with me. It was her idea.
- Amy: You looked shy and passive at first. But now you are taking the lead on things. I like that.
Ben: Thank you.
- She never talked to me first. or She never initiated a conversation with me.
- I initiated organizing a charity group. or I took the initiative to organize a charity group. or I organized a charity group on my own initiative.
- He took upon himself to write a book.
- To build your network, you should be proactive in making friends.
- Who took the first step to get to know each other, you or your girlfriend?
- The father left home of his own volition because he was having an affair.
- The girl is waiting for the boy she likes to make the first move.
- The guy I like invited me to dinner tomorrow. Do you think it'd be forward of me to ask him for another date soon?
- Guest: I took the liberty of pouring myself a glass of wine. I hope you don't mind.
Host: Please help yourself!
- No one asked to see your abs. Stop volunteering to show your six pack.
 to initiate (followed by a noun or a gerund) drive oneself to do something always take care of everything do something voluntarily it is somebody's decision it is somebody's idea take the lead initiate; take the initiative to do something; do something on one's own initiative take upon oneself to do something proactive take the first step of one's own volition do something first; make the first move forward take the liberty of doing something to volunteer to do something
initiate 可說是「自動」的最佳英文之一，例如:to initiate a text = 主動傳簡訊另一個很簡單的英文就是 first，例如:He next texts first. = 他從不主動傳簡訊He always drives himself to do as much as he can = 他總是自動自發做很多事情She always takes care of everything = 她總是自動自發把所有事情做好其他的詞都指一個人主動做某件事，都普遍又好用，最常用的就是以下:It's his decision to move out = He voluntarily moved out = 他主動搬出來It was her idea = 是她主動的，這是很簡單又很貼切的英文說法但情況不同英文也不同，例如「她主動邀我吃午餐」就不能用 initiative。而 of one's own volition 是正式用語，常用在法律上，是自願的意思。forward 通常指在感情上的主動，說男生在感情上主動也可以說 He is bold. 或 He always makes the first move. take the liberty of doing something 指我主動做某件事情，通常是因為我覺得做此事是體貼的表現。自發性地成立自助團體 = take the initiative to form self-helping groupsStop volunteering to show your six pack. = 別主動秀出你的六塊肌注意：別用 active
- 想要更廣的人脈, 你應該主動認識別人.
- 我喜歡的男生約我明天跟他吃飯. 如果我明天再約他出去是否會太過主動呢?
- 客人: 我剛剛主動為自己倒了杯紅酒 希望你別在乎.
餛飩的英文怎麼說? (二選一)下一題 - 二手商店 f我要發問
The magnitude of this waterfall is breathtakin.下一題 - 愛慕虛榮 f我要發問