- Don't worry. We will not tell on you.
- A: Why were you looking in my locker?
B: We were tipped off by a concerned parent that you might have drugs in your locker.
- A: Why are you closing your store next month?
B: My store is not legal, and someone ratted me out. A government inspect came and asked me to shut down the store.
- When we were doing drugs, someone ratted us out. Then the police came and took us to the police station.
- Snitching on tax cheats isn't always lucrative, but whistleblowers do it anyway because there is no loss for them.
- He didn't file for tax return and his wife ratted on him.
- A: You told on me to the pastor?
B: Yes I did. You did an unneighborly thing and I needed to let him know.
- Missy: If you rat me out to dad, I'll rat you out to mom.
Georgie: Who are you, the devil?
 tell on Y to X to tip off rat somebody out snitch on somebody rat on somebody squeal on somebody narc somebody out
這些都是正統的英文.tell on Y to X 非常常用，例如:You told on me to the pastor? = 你跟牧師告我的狀了嗎? = 你向牧師告發我了嗎? We will not tell on you. = 我們不會告發你 = 我們不會告你的狀 = 我們不會洩漏你的秘密 = 我們不會打你的小報告A tip off B = A 給 B 提供秘密資料，也就是 A 向 B 告密告密者就叫做 whistleblower 或 tattletale.Someone ratted us out to A = 有個人向A舉發了我們，也就是把我們的秘密告訴A
- 告發逃稅的人不一定有收穫, 不過告密者還是這麼做因為對他們沒有傷害.
- 他沒有報稅, 被他太太告發.
還有問題？請發問請參考 eTalking 線上英語學習
把內臟挖出來的英文怎麼說? (二選一)下一題 - 雕刻 f我要發問
He's got me cornered. Cver me.下一題 - 身穿名牌服飾 f我要發問